I am trying really hard today to stay positive, but keep being dragged into pity party mode. I really did not want to spend our 12th anniversary sitting in a room at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. We miss our kids and we want to go home.
Everyone is entitled to a pity party every once in a while. Now go down to that vending machine, pick out your favorite candy (or two) and plop yourself in front of your favorite show on that little hospital tv that is dangling from the wall. If that doesn't help you feel better, get out a notebook and plan a nice little anniversary date for when you get to go home. And if THAT doesn't help, go get a Jamba Juice. Those always work for me. :)
I grew up in the greatest place on earth, namely Preston, Idaho, more specifically, a little tiny, beautiful place called Riverdale. I now live about an hour away from there in Pocatello with my husband, John, who grew up here in Pocatello, my two boys, Hayden (age 8) and Parker (age 6) and Preston (age 3).
I have a degree in music education and I substitute teach occasionally, but mostly I stay home with my boys. John works as an underwriter for Farm Bureau insurance.
We love to ride horses, go camping, and hang out with family.
Oh yes, I almost forgot the most energetic member of the family, Banjo. He is a 4 year old border collie whose hobbies are barking, chewing, digging, and chasing the horses. He is a pain in the butt, but I guess we like him
2 comments:
Everyone is entitled to a pity party every once in a while.
Now go down to that vending machine, pick out your favorite candy (or two) and plop yourself in front of your favorite show on that little hospital tv that is dangling from the wall.
If that doesn't help you feel better, get out a notebook and plan a nice little anniversary date for when you get to go home.
And if THAT doesn't help, go get a Jamba Juice. Those always work for me. :)
Thanks Megan! A couple of hours after I posted that, they finally told us we could go home. Hugs from my boys definitely did the trick. :)
Post a Comment